
His build is solid and almost muscly. Probably because he is always moving. He has been clocked at 20 m.p.h. while crawling. Okay, slight exaggeration, but he is crazy fast at crawling. His little hiney sways back and forth like a fish tail, and his hands turn in like a chimp. It's very cute. Little Man is cruising well, and even tries walking while holding onto my hands, but he hasn't learned to bend at the knee, so his walk looks something like a pirate with 2 peg legs.
Little Man has the best chuckle. His verbal skills are quickly growing... favorite words include: Mama, "Ba" (ball), ""bu" (up), "Da" (all done), bye bye, "da" (dog), and his newest is Dada, much to the delight of a certain man of the house.

Little Man is obsessed with balls. Seriously. Obsessed. But maybe all boys are at this stage. Isaac was. And I remember when Isaac was about 18 months old I would have to steer clear of the big thing of balls at the Wal-mart to avoid a "ball meltdown." Even if he saw it in the distance, there would be a tantrum to follow.

The great outdoors is a good way to keep the Little Man happy. He loves to be outside, and has a new found love of the swimming pool. Even if it does make him turn purple and shivery. He is not at all a laid back sort of baby. My girls were so laid back, and still are... ah, I miss laid back. But, Little Man keeps me on my toes. He still remains a hardcore Mama's boy.
We have made the guest room in the basement his official nursery for the time being. I love it. He loves it. And best of all he sleeps really well. Solidly. From 8:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. usually. Two naps on most days, or one really long nap.

Little Man eats well. Scrambled eggs, applesauce, bananas, and cheese sandwiches are favorites these days. Anything too adventurous makes for some scary diapers, and then result in a terrible looking rear end. Not fun. So, we stick to the bland and ordinary menus for now.
Climbing has become a new pastime. He loves to scale the stairs, and has been found climbing into chairs as seen below. Never mind that two seconds after I took these photos he fell on his head while reaching for something. He is still learning about gravity. Hopefully that life-lesson will click soon.


I know this is a longish post. I could go on and on about this precious child. He truly is a MIRACLE. All that he went through in utero and his first 6 months of life... we expected the worst. Testing, therapies, bonding issues, health problems (okay he had reflux and has asthma), delays across the board, etc. However, he shows almost NO SIGNS of problems as a result from his Birth Mom's poor choices. And the asthma is only a speculated result of cigarette use. Little Man has beaten the odds and proves that GOD is bigger than statistics.
We love you Bubby Boy. Our sweet Little Man. Our lives would be incomplete without you... we are certain God purposefully placed you in our family. I am so thankful He did! I look forward to watching you grow and learn, all while reminding us of God's great love and mercy.


No comments:
Post a Comment