While I don't hate my body, and have gotten comfortable as a size 14, I know I would feel BETTER as a size 12, dare I hope 10? (Even at my slimmest, I am never smaller than a 10...darn you child bearing hips.) I probably could go on in life somewhat satisfied in my size 14 jeans if it weren't for my mom who instilled it in my head that I should be

SO, for the past 6 weeks or so, I have been walking 3 miles, four times a week with Nanet. I get up at 6:20 and walk for about 45 minutes, monstrous hills included. It feels great to sweat first thing in the morning. But alas, I have not noticed much change in my physique. At least I know I am slightly fitter than before, right?

Ah, but there is that annoying ever-present desire to shrink my waistline. Enter, Jillian. You know her, right? That crazy trainer from the Biggest Loser? Well, she has a cult following because of her dvd, 30 Day Shred. She uses interval training to shred off those extra inches. I'm a sucker for a possible fix to my problem, and I hopped on Amazon and ordered it.
Starting today, I will begin my 30 Day Shred, ugh. I'll let you know in a month if Jillan gets a thumbs up, or thumbs down. Now, if I could only resist the cheesy fatty goodness of food. Mmmmm. Cheesy.


3 comments:
Good luck! I've heard scary, scary, things about that video. Scary like arms falling off and legs permanently disabled (kidding). But I do hear it IS akin to boot camp - but no worries, you go girl! (better you than me.....)
Great minds think alike. I too am on the fitness band wagon. Just got my EA Active Sport for the Wii...now just to keep using it as I too am a sucker for yummy food!
OKAY SOOOOO FIRST THINGS FIRST! DON'T LOOK FOR, BLOG ABOUT, SMELL, WALK BY ANY OF THE FOODS YOU JUST POSTED! hahahhahaha
That is enough to make you crawl back in bed and dream about the extra pounds you will be putting on eating that stuff!
I am glad that you are aware of the need to be healthier. I am too I just have to find a system (schedule for extra time) that works for us all to be pro active. :) skipping meals for me is not cutting it ( I don't mind but my body is throwing a tantrum and holding on to all food that actually does make it in! Drats!)
I am looking forward to hearing how it goes with your new shred plan!
GO BETH GO!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Post a Comment