Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Six Years Old

DSC01688

On May 22, Isaac celebrated his 6th birthday (and I my 30th). Instead of having a party, Isaac had his friend, Jefferson, come and camp out in by the fire pit in Granny's backyard.

DSC01681

Excited would be an understated adjective to describe the boys. Noah was less than thrilled at the opportunity to spend the night in nature with two gassy boys. As 11:00 hit, I heard a knock at the door to find my husband. My unhappy, tired, fed up husband. Who can blame him? "I'm bringing them in. This was the worst idea ever."

DSC01676

Finally the boys fell asleep around midnight. They woke up at 6:30 a.m. We delayed having to get up by putting on their favorite movie, Davey Crockett.

Thankfully, Noah can now laugh about the experience, and the boys had a ball.

DSC01686

For his cake, I made the requested "camping" cake.

DSC01692

4 comments:

wendi said...

I love the looks of that cake. So creative!

Mrs. Fix said...

That cake is FABULOUS! Almost as priceless as the look on Noah's face!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Hahaha. So funny.

Great cake though, can you make my birthday cake?

The Brothers said...

My guys are IN LOVE with that cake!! It will probably make an appearance at one of our next parties - too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...